Wednesday 30 November 2011

The missing element in my life

is MasterChef Australia. I think the show redefined what television meant to me. Its like I'm back to my Post Potter Depression Days. Took me so many days to recover - and I still am.

When I was 5, television meant Scooby Doo, Captain Planet, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and all the Disney Classics.Not to forget Crystal Maze, Small Wonder and Full House. When I turned 10, that graduated into episodes of Mind Your Language and all the new shows because of the the new era of the dish tv. Oh, the C.I.D craze. I hate to admit it but then ACP Prathyuman was the good guy who could dole out confessions with a mere slap. And Daya had just started Thoda-ling Darwazas :)

I think F.R.I.E.N.D.S dictated the later years. And the news channels. The former stayed but I've literally stopped watching news channels. I've realized its the perfect way to have a sour start to your mornings. For one, you're reminded of how corrupt and mean the society around you is. Along with that, the fact that the media blows every story out of proportion can't be sidelined. Depressing - About how you want to change things, yet, nothing can be done. When I did decide to watch recently, the Ash-Abhi baby stories. You don't need me to tell you how stupid (yes, I have to say stupid because no word would fit the bill better!) it is to employ reporters to say that the baby has the mom's eyes. *Rolling eyes*

And that's when MasterChef stole my heart. One show that has no drama, no sugarcoating. Inspiring stuff - even bestseller books wouldn't be able to achieve that. Give me any show that has travel or cookery or health and you'll regret that you ever gave me control of that remote control. Period. :)

2 comments:

  1. haha.. ur writings are very open & free without any inhibitions.. good to b like that for a writer.. as ur blog title suggests, writing Just about Anything!!!

    Well for this post, i would say i also share the same feeling about the current media, especially for news channels making it a point to alarm us everyday before & after work that we are living/surviving in a hell. As if nothing good is happening in the world. Instead of news, everythng has become a Story(if not, they'll make it into one)

    I also used to watch MasterChef Aus,Now try some other interesting shows like India's Minute to Win It, Life mein Ek baar etc.

    I shall follow ur blog as well.

    Keep Writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for dropping by! :)And thanks for everything else :D

    ReplyDelete